1. Instant Funk. New, old, second hand, flown in from the States, whatever your collection holds, it will surely give you some instant street cred.
2. Make Some Noise. Don’t get us wrong, Spotify is great for on the go but there’s nothing like that crackle you get when the needle drops. It’s almost a subtle reminder that each record is individually and lovingly pressed. Every time you handle a record you’re leaving a trace, so be careful!
3. Power Age. Collecting records can be a great way to connect with the oldies, after all they grew up listening to music on the ol’ gramophone. They may not understand why records are back in vogue but they’ll have a plethora of stories to accompany each record and if you’re lucky they might still have their collection. There’s no better feeling than unboxing an original pressing from the likes of The Beatles or Miles Davis from storage.
4. Big Money Talk. If you keep your record collection close to mint condition, it may be worth a lot in the future.
5. Sex Machine. It’s probably the best and least creepy way to get a date inside your house... “Hey so you wanna check out my record collection?” sounds so much better than “Do you want to come in for a cup of tea?”. Who really wants to drink tea at 11pm anyway? Throw me some vino and play me your favourite record!